Monday, October 31, 2011

Another Year Older

I'm another year older which means, that's another year of blessings from the Almighty. This year, I'm super thankful for so many things that God has so generously showered upon us. I remember singing the hymn, 'Count your blessings, name them one by one.' For me, there's way too many blessings for me to count them one by one. I'm blessed. So very blessed that I can't ask for more.

When I look back at the year, God has given me new eyesight again. Got lasik done and by God's grace, everything went well. God blessed us with Josias. Had family and best friends dropping by in Hong Kong when we couldn't leave the country. Babe got a job promotion, went to Maldives on a short break, went to Redang with mum, Joanne, JC, Eve and Reggie. And yes, Eve popped into Asia when I couldn't fly to her side of the world. Met up with Sharon in Singapore. E, B and L popped into HK for a couple of days. And there's probably lots more that I missed out.

God has been good. Too good. Every morning I wake up and am so thankful for everything that has been provided. Materially, I've got enough. I don't covet or want more because I'm just thankful for all that has been provided. I married my best friend and soulmate. I've got a beautiful son. I've got a great family in Singapore and around the world. Great friends in Singapore who I miss heaps. Wonderful friends in HK who have become family. So honestly, what could I ask for more? Nothing! I don't need anymore birthday presents because I've got everything. Yes, the truth is that. I've got everything. Anything more is always a bonus.

Lord, thanks so more for everything that you have provided for me. I really could never ask for more. Thanks for blessing me with so much. I'm so humbled and grateful for all that you have done for me. Thank you.

No comments: