Monday, October 27, 2008

Pink BBQ



Taken by Derrick http://www.maskofchina.com









Had a wonderful Saturday. And it was a first pink BBQ that I've ever had. I've come to terms that I'm getting old and each birthday that comes by, it's a reminder to me of God's blessings upon me and the wonderful friends that surround me even though I live overseas. Wish I've taken more pics but damn! But thanks to Derrick and Mel for taking pics.

Friends, I want to thank you for making the effort to trek over to Park Island to celebrate my birthday. It's more apparent to me as I live overseas longer that friends truly become a part of your family. And friends that you've not seen for a long time, are still your friends if you want them to be. I met my primary school mate in the lift in my block about 2 weeks ago. She told me that she thought that we went to the same primary school. And I was like, no way. But as we chatted, yup! We know each other after all. And she's Jasmine too. Karine came too. Haven't seen her for ages and she made it. Really glad to have spent a nice afternoon with everyone. And Carmen even brought her mum. It's truly become a little family. Thanks everyone for making Saturday special. And boys, thanks for making the effort to come in pink. Well, have to thank Derrick especially! Can't believe you did it for me!

No comments: