Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Rain, Sunshine and Rainbow

As 2010 is drawing close, I reflect on 2010. Overall, it has been a really good year. There's nothing that I would like to change. Seriously!

2010 kinda started with rain. I mean metaphorically. I remember spending Christmas in Singapore in 2009 and then waving bye to Babe and everyone at the airport and heading back to HK alone. It was hard. Lots of rain. And then there was lots of flying. Babe would come once a fortnight and I would fly once a fortnight. Flying back and forth.

Then rain got heavier and it was almost pouring cats and dogs in March when my social worker told me that we've got to be temporarily taken out of the adoption matching because Babe was working in Singapore. I was really upset. But there was some sunshine peeking out because when I told Babe, he told me that he was going to quit his job after summer. And I saw rainbows, God's promises.

Summer came and I went to visit Sharon, Eelynn, Bruno, Jolynn, Little Leina and Eve. Had loads of fun. Didn't want to leave. Headed back to Singapore and then, Babe kept to his words and we packed for Hong Kong. In the midst of packing, Babe got an email and it was a job offer. Again, lots of sunshine. And I thought of rainbows too. God's promises.

Well, again, the every fortnight phone calls made me a lot of 'kan cheong' and prayers started and yes, there were fastings too. And prayers and then sometimes fastings. And that's when the making of rainbow cakes started. I baked loads telling myself that God's promises will come through.

In November, mum, Joanne, Jacqui and JC came for a visit. It was great. Loved the time spent. Babe's mum, brother and sister in law came for a visit too. Then December rolled along. And yes, year is almost ending with a bang! Will talk about it later. I could really never ask for anything more.

On a side note, if I had my way, I would so call my kids, Rain, Sunshine and Rainbow. Wouldn't that be cool?

No comments: