Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Catching my Breath

This is probably one of my busiest months in a long time. I've been up to my neck with preparing for my informal lesson observation which is over, thank God!, and tomorrow, we're having a parents' day for p1. Parents are coming to watch their kids in class and in turn, watch me teach. Well, this happens every year so it's really nothing new. And this Sat, we're packing and moving. On Sun night, we're having a farewell dinner to friends who are moving back to Canada. On Mon, my social worker is coming for an inspection and in the evening, I've got to do a short presentation to the parents for the school trip to Singapore. And in the midst of the craziness, I'mm coordinating with Mazzy, my ex-colleague a school visit to his school. Finally, on the 23rd of this month, I'm getting LASIK done to my eyes.

And yes, I need to pause and catch my breath! Packing is still ongoing. Boxes in the apartment, things are in a mess but we're still functioning to a certain extent. As long as I get through tomorrow, things would slow done a little but at the same time, I can feel my world swirling and spinning. I almost have to yell at myself to pause and be still and let the craziness around me go.

This Christmas is also a kinda bittersweet for me. Or rather I've mixed feelings for this Christmas. This is probably the 3rd Christmas that I won't be home. It's really hard for me. But I'm telling myself that God has a reason for everything. The matching for the adoption is on the 23rd of Dec and we need to be here in HK to be considered for it and therefore we didn't book our tickets. The reality is that, I'll gladly give up going home for Christmas, Chinese New Year and whatever holiday it is for our child to arrive. Yes, take the holidays but just give me our kid! That's all I ask for. There are days that I want to rant, shout and scream and ask God, what's up? What's going on? And by the way, I'm about to give up and yes, make my own! But there's a voice deep in me that's telling me, 'Patience, my child.' When I hear that voice, I become still and am reminded of God's calling for us.

This is my Christmas prayer.

Dear Lord Jesus,

Two weeks ago, I taught Sunday School and I had a great time teaching the kids about your birth. I taught the kids that the greatest gift that we got for Christmas is you. You're the best thing for Christmas. And I truly believe that. You have given me so much. You have given Babe. Babe that truly loves me for everything. Babe, even bought me a Christmas present already. He was on a flight and he saw something in the inflight magazine and that weekend he brought me to the boutique to make sure that I like it and he bought it for me. Thanks so much for Babe. Can't ask for more. You have given me richly in terms of material stuff and in terms of love too. My life is full because you have made it full and complete. However, God, we heeded your calling and truly believe that you want us to adopt and here we are obeying you. So, if it's not too much to ask, the best present next to you, would be a little child for us. That's all we ask for,

Thank you, Lord.

In Jesus's name,
Amen

So this is my Christmas prayer. And yes, catch my breath and be still and let the madness and craziness zoom past me.

No comments: