Friday, November 04, 2011

Worrying about Ba Ba

Babe is on his way home from the airport. I'm excited because he's going to bring me some goodies! I know, I just had one whole chilli crab to myself and am just thinking and drooling over the goodies that he's going to bring home. Anyway, back to my thoughts. Sometimes, I worry over silly things about Ba Ba. My worry this time is about his university education. Wait, it's not the academic stuff that I worry about. But it's the university or college lifestyle that I worry about. Let me explain more.

When I was in university, I was very busy. Yes, very busy working and partying and studying, honestly was at the bottom of my list. To me, as long as I passed and am not at the bottom, I didn't care. My social calendar was packed. I was out partying, drinking, smoking and basically was leading a very unhealthy lifestyle. If you met me then, you wouldn't recognized me. Yes, it was that bad, I was a totally different person then. Even some of my friends from uni commented on that a while ago. Was I ashamed of my past? No, I'm not. But I'm glad that I got the partying out of my system. But no mattered how far I strayed from God and from church, I glad to say that God had a way of reeling me back home. Stanley, my best friend at that time was in Brisbane and he would remind me sometimes that I was straying a little too far. I had Eve also to remind me too.

So how's that related to Ba Ba? I've always thought that Ba Ba would probably either head off to Australia or America to study in about 20 years' time. Yes, I see eyeballs rolling and hear laugher. And I wonder how would I feel if I knew that Ba Ba was leading the very same lifestyle that I led? Would I freak out? And move to wherever he's studying and whip him back to shape? Or would I be like my parents giving me the freedom and trust that I will turn out alright?

Then this is when I take a step backwards and stare in my thoughts and wonder...Shouldn't I be trusting God that He will take care of everything? And that brings me back to what the bible says about raising a child in His ways and in time to come my child will not forget the Lord. (Sorry, something along those lines) The reality is that, there's just way too much to worry. I've to learn and remember that God takes care of everything and I or rather we have to pray, do our best in raising Ba Ba in God's truth and let God and trust God that He will take care of everything else.

No comments: