Saturday, November 26, 2011

9 Years and Counting!

On the 23rd of November, we celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary and adding the 10 years of courtship, we've known each other for 19 years. That's more than half of my lifetime.

The truth is that, there were times that I thought that we may not make it. We're like any other couples that have arguments and then we get mad and we take time to make up. A marriage is never easy, I'll be the first one to admit. I wrote this on a dear friend's Facebook status, she was getting married that day, 'Enjoy the day. Remember the wedding is just a day or 2 event but a marriage is for a lifetime'. Yes, a marriage is for a lifetime. And sometimes it's hard.

For those of you who know us well, you'll know that Babe and I have very different personalities. We're almost polar opposites. It takes a lot for us to make this marriage work out. It takes a lot of giving and taking. There are times that it takes a lot from Babe to try to coax me when I'm mad over little things. I love him for that. I love him for making so much effort to make this marriage work. Babe is not one that would buy flowers or make grand gestures to show me that he loves me. But it's the little things that he does that make me feel special. He understands and he's fine when I fly off for 2 or 3 weeks to States, or have dinner with my best friend who is male or when I want to go to Disneyland for the 10th time. And there's more examples.

Ba Ba has also made a change in our relationship. When Ba Ba arrived, the first few months were kinda hard. We were new at being parents and we were not sure of what we were doing. Sometimes we disagreed and get mad with each other but everyday was and is a learning experience. These days, we're much better. And when we have a disagreement, I'm reminded that I want Ba Ba to know that he has loving parents that love each other. And that when all else fails, he can turn to his parents knowing that there's always love at home.

And here's to more great years to come. Thanks Babe for loving me and I'm so thankful that God has chosen you for me. Thanks for being my best friend, soulmate and partner.

No comments: