Sunday, March 04, 2012

Relentless God

Once again Babe is away. He left early this morning and he'll be back this Thursday. I'm going to be honest and write that whenever Babe is away on Sundays, I get a little concerned. I get a little concerned because our helper, J will not be around and it's only little Ba Ba and me. When Ba Ba was a little younger, it was easier to deal with as he basically slept and drank his milk but now that he's older, things can get a little complicated.

But this Sunday, it turned out fine. Actually, more than fine. It was great. I texted a couple from church who lives on Park Island as well if little Ba Ba and I could that a ride from them to church. And they were more than willing to help. After church we had lunch with them. Little Ba Ba behaved somewhat alright. Well, alright in my books. He ate his lunch, no throw up and minimal fuss too. So he was great. They gave us a ride home too. Got home little Ba Ba took a nap for 2 hours and I could recharge at the same time. Woke up, and I brought him to the playground. He ran around, came home, had his dinner and then, thank God, J came home. She got him into shower, we went to the supermarket and then, he went to bed. Prefect!

As the day wind down, I reflected and throughout the day, the word relentless kept popping into my head. I thought about the word. And realized that my God is a relentless God. Each time I stray or veer and even try to hide from Him, He comes after me with relentless grace, mercy and love. And He even sends His children, my brothers and sisters in Christ to surround me relentlessly. I remember in my uni days when I was straying, veering and yes, hiding from Him, He pursued me relentlessly. He planted my best friend in Brisbane to keep me grounded. And every now and then I would receive relentless love, mercy and grace from Him through people around me. And even today. It would have been easier for me to say, no, I'm not going to church. It's going to take too much out of me. But when I asked for help, help was given and there were thoughts of how am I going to get home with our humongous stroller and what am I going to do for lunch. Even as those thoughts flowed and me not praying for that, my relentless God answered my prayers without even me asking or praying about it.

Yes, my relentless God. My relentless God provided and still provides for me when we don't ask for stuff and He just provides. So the question is, what have I done to receive or deserve this relentless love, grace and mercy? The answer is nothing. Next question, what have I done to pay back? Answer, again, is nothing. So there you go, my relentless God loves and pursues me relentlessly and what have I got to offer Him? Nothing! How does that make me feel? Crap! And what am I going to do about it? Time to ponder. How am I going to be a relentless Christian? My life might be the only bible that some people might read and it's now my choice or rather my conviction how am I going to portray my relentless love, merciful and gracious Father.

No comments: