Friday, September 05, 2014

Leave of Absence?

Oh wow! I've just noticed that I've not blogged close to five months. This must be my longest silence on my blog. There were and are reasons why I've chose not to blog as much. But guess in time to come, I'll write about it.

So summer holidays came and left. It's been good. I try not to complain. Spent a week in New York with bestie and then rest of summer in Hong Kong. It was a good time with the family. Mum and Jojo came to visit. Stayed with us for ten days. After that, Jacqui and Joel came to stay with us for four days. Yes, there were times that the tiny apartment seemed crowded but I was really glad and happy to be surrounded by family. When we couldn't go to Singapore, Singapore came to us.

One Sunday night, we invited a friend over for dinner. He turned called and asked us if he could bring a friend over. He brought over a asylum refugee seeker who has been in Hong Kong for more than nine years. At that time, I've been feeling the weight on my shoulders asking God why some things are not turning out the way that I wanted. And during that dinner, it dawned on me, all my problems and issues pale, really pale in comparison to this guy sitting at my dining table. And that's when it also hit me, be thankful. I'm beyond blessed and yet I'm not thankful.

Yes, I had and still have to learn gratitude and thankfulness. Enjoy a couple of pics. Can't wait to see family again.



Nothing else matters to me other than family and friends that have become family. Can't wait to see family in Spore and Australia and bestie in America again.

No comments: