Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Dear Grandpa Part 2

Dear Grandpa,

Last night as I was falling asleep, I thought of you. Well, quite a bit has happened since the last that I wrote to you. But all good, nothing bad at all.

Firstly, I'm glad to let you know that grandma will be heading back to Spore in about 2 weeks' time. We got her a new passport, her fine for overstaying in China has been paid. Mummy and Jacqui will be flying in and then bringing her back to Spore. We're all quite excited about her heading home. We believe that it'll be good for her mental and emotional well-being. The rest of the family except for Babe and me saw her over Chinese New Year. She's doing great. They've told her that she'll be heading home and she's glad about the decision.

When grandma gets to Spore, she'll live with mum for a while till she and Jacqui get an apartment. Well, I don't really know when will that happen. Don't have the details but I know that Jacqui is looking into that. We know that grandma likes to be independent and if Jacqui lives with her, Jacqui will be able to look out for her. Will let you know more when that happens.

Grandpa, another thing that I really want to tell you is that Josias Noel Yong En SEET arrived on the 31st of Dec. Well, he was the reason why we didn't go to see grandma in China over CNY. Grandpa, he's a lovely boy. We're very thankful that God has sent him to us. When we get back to Spore this summer, we'll bring him to see you and over time, we'll tell him of your legacy. We'll tell him how you adopted mum and in turn we know that it's God's will for us to adopt him.

He's been with us for about 3 months and he's a bundle of joy. He hardly cries or fusses. He cries only when he's hungry and tired. But most of the time, he's a smiley little boy. He's able to sit up and crawl a little. He's trying to stand too. You'll love him if you meet him. He's quite vocal, he likes babbling and talking to himself. We brought him out for dinner and he was squealing and babbling to himself. He's really cute.

Grandpa, I'm really glad of how things are panning out. We're praying every day that Josias will grow up to be a man after God's heart. We want him to be a God fearing man. We pray for patience as we teach and love him. Thanks grandpa for adopting mummy and in turn, thanks for loving us and giving us all these happy memories of you. I'm really glad that I'm the oldest and thus I'm able to remember you more than my sisters.

Enjoy the photos of Josias. I'm sure you already know how he looks like. This is probably his first time at the beach. And the girl, is one of our friend's daughter from cell group in church. He had a blast playing in the sand.



No comments: