Monday, April 18, 2011

Randomness or God's hands at Work

Yesterday when church service ended, we went to the creche to pick Cha Cha up. Babe went to the elevator while I was trying to out our huge SUV stroller out at the stroller parking area. After moving and pushing, I got to the elevator and found Babe laughing and talking to someone. Someone that I didn't know. I was kinda surprised. If you know Babe, he doesn't talk much to people.

So I was like, Hey Babe, and you are? Babe quickly told me that he was his ex-colleague in Singapore. I was like, huh, what? Then Babe's friend explained that they were in HK for a holiday and decided to come to church. So I asked how did they find this church that we're at. Babe and him didn't keep in contact after Babe left his company and move back to HK. He basically told us that someone recommended them to attend our church. What he said next, was what got to me.

He told me that when they came to church, he knew that he was going to meet Babe at church. He knew somehow that he was going to run into Babe. And sure we did. And what made it even more interesting was that we met at the elevator at the end of service. He wasn't even sure if that was Babe as Babe was carrying Cha Cha and to a certain extent, he was really shocked to meet Babe.

We had dinner together last night. It was nice to meet and know him. And I believe that God has a reason for us to meet. There are quite a number of English speaking churches in Hong Kong. Plus, there's 3 services at church. And even so, there's heaps of people at church. And for us to run into each other, I wouldn't say that it's impossible but rather, quite hard. I don't know what's God's reasons for us to run into them. But I'm sure that there's a purpose and reason.

No comments: