Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My hopes and aspirations for Ba Ba

By the way, Josias is now known as Ba Ba. He loves being called Ba Ba. He bounces and dances when I shout, 'Ba Ba!' He simply loves it!

Anyway back to the topic. When Ba Ba was in Singapore he went to Gymboree whenever I could bring him there. Sometimes 3 days in a row, he would be at Gymboree. When we got back to Hong Kong, the search for playgroups started. Maybe it's me being a typical Singaporean or a mother that just wants the best for her child that I wanted Ba Ba to have a variety of playgroups to attend. I knew that at this stage I want him to go for English, Mandarin and Music playgroups. So I searched and looked and went for trials. And yes, the poor kid and our wonderful helper travel to different places for playgroups. There's also soccer, rugby, swimming and many more that I want to sign him up for but he's too young at this stage. And when my colleagues asked if I've started looking or preparing him for kindergarten next year, I was like, what? Isn't that too young? Then, I take a step back and go, well, aren't I already doing it now? Trying to cram as much activities as possible for the poor kid.

I love Ba Ba heaps. There's no doubt about it. I want the best for him. But thankfully, Babe keeps grounded and asks if I'm over doing the playgroups for Ba Ba. When I think about it, I just want Ba Ba to be happy. The reality of it, it doesn't matter if Ba Ba does not become a lawyer or doctor and dentist. I just want him to grow up to be an honest, God fearing man. I want him to be happy and for him to know that he has parents, grandparents, godparents, uncles, aunties, cousins and a whole bunch of people that totally love him. That's right, those are my hopes and aspirations for him.

Anyway, enjoy this video of him. He gets cuter and cuter every day!


2 comments:

valeria love said...

is beautiful.

Unknown said...

that is to be beautiful in the early stages of a child is something exciting beautiful!