Wednesday, January 23, 2013

BFF

So a couple weeks ago, someone close to me told me that she's dating someone. I know the someone too. I've known him for a long time. Well, as long as the someone knows him. Let's call someone G (girl) for simplicity sake. So G and B (boy) have known each other for decades and then guess things evolved and they decided to give this love thingy a try. So B told me that he's dating G too. Yes, I've been informed by both parties. How cute.

So I told B that I'm glad for them. Genuinely glad for them. Then I started thinking, isn't it great for you to date your BFF? It cuts out lots of bullshit. Bullshit in terms of trying to impress each other and thus sometimes intentionally or unintentionally false impressions are made. In dating your BFF, it's almost what you see is what you get. There's a strong foundation of friendship, there's no false pretense. You know some or sometimes, most of each other's best friends. And with such a relationship, both know what you both want and that's important.

When I look at Babe and me, yes, I married my BFF. But guess it's not like G and B's relationship. When I met Babe at 15, I was struck! I had a huge crush on him. Well, don't think he had a crush on me. We took time in getting to know each other when we started dating at 18. But for G and B, don't think the dating for a decade is going to work. But the foundation is there for them. I'm glad for the decade of dating. And glad for the 8 years of being child free before little Baba arrived. With Babe, yes, it's like marrying my BFF. I don't have to say anything and he knows that something is bothering me. It's hard even to try to spring him a surprise Christmas present. But well, he did spring me one last Christmas.

Last weekend, Babe and I were able to have a great couple weekend in Bangkok. Jacqui was really kind enough to drop by Hong Kong to watch over little Baba when we were away. She was on her way to China. It was a great weekend that we spent time with each other. It was nice being away from the hustle and bustle of our lives and just reconnect. Babe will be traveling more this year and sometimes it's hard because we don't seem to have enough time for each other. And so the weekend away came really timely. But at the same time, it's hard for Babe and Baba as Babe is off in Taipei now. Little Baba misses his Da Da.

I miss my BFF. I miss him when he's away because I can't call him and ask what did he have for lunch. Not that its important but rather I just want to hear his voice. And I can't whatsapp him because he doesn't have wifi for this trip. Not that I've got loads to tell him but I just miss communicating with him. I don't want to call him because I don't want him to worry or think that something happen at home but rather, I miss my BFF. Yup, it's that simple, I married my BFF and I miss my BFF heaps.

No comments: