Wednesday, January 09, 2013

My Dream

So 2013 started off with us being on the plane. Think we're been celebrating New Year's Day on the plane for the past five or six years. We're quite used to it. Anyway a few days after New Year's I started thinking about my dream.

For a very long time, I've always wanted to have a little restaurant or have a food related business. Guess, that was probably the reason why I graduated with a Bachelor of Hotel Management. But I guess God had a different plan for me when I graduated. I ended up being a teacher and had very little to do with the hospitality business. So years went by and the dream was kinda buried and forgotten. Never really thought seriously about it.

Then last year, Babe bought me my little toy, Raspberry, a Kitchenaid stand mixer. Then I started going for decorating classes and a few baking classes here and there and baked whenever I had time. Well some of my bakes were successful and some, not so. Then the little dream started worm its way back into my heart. On little Baba's birthday, I baked him a cake. Well, the cake was a little too hard and Babe exclaimed loudly, 'You better go to Cordon Bleu to learn how to bake!' And that thought seeped in as well. And I started to research and look around for a real culinary school that I could go to. But there wasn't one that I could go to during my holidays. I was kinda bummed about it.

And then this year rolled around. So what's my dream? My dream is to open a little bakery when I turn fifty. It doesn't have to be a big bakery. A small one would do. So begets the question, why not soon or in the immediate future? I'm very practical in my dream and my thought. I want to have enough savings for me to go to culinary school for a year and then open my little bakery and at the same time have enough savings for little Baba's education. And honestly, I'm not willing to give up my salary now. Sure, we can live on Babe's salary with no probs as well but wouldn't it be nice to have extra?

So this is the plan. By the time I hit the big five O, I want to open my little bakery. Actually, it would be awesome for my little bakery to be opened exactly on my fiftieth birthday. Yes, this is my achievable, realistic dream.

No comments: