Monday, November 24, 2008

Confused


Babe came back on Friday night. Thank God! Am really glad that he's back because we're finally moving. On Thursday, I met the agent and landlard to sign the lease, get the keys and hand over the deposit. Wished I didn't have to part with that amount of money!

On Friday, we didn't manage to do anything because I was at course all day and had class in the evening. Babe came back only in the evening. Woke up on Saturday and was excited thinking that it was our wedding anniversary. Our 6th! Can't believe that we've lasted so long! Woohoo! Packed some stuff and moved to our new place. Did that the whole afternoon. Evening came and we just decided to go to a suburb near us to eat. Too tired and lazy to bother to go far for a nice dinner.

Sunday came and while we were getting ready to go to church, Babe suddenly exclaimed while looking at his wedding ring. "Our wedding is on the 23rd not the 22nd!" And I went....Opps....And then I realised...We started dating on the 22nd of October but got married on the 23rd of November and thus...me the confused person. It's not done on purpose, you know...I just blame everything on age.

Having explained my confusion, I just want to say.....I'm so thankful that we made it through another year. A marriage is never easy. A wedding is probably a day, a week's event but a marriage to us is forever. But there are times, forever is very difficult. There can be many yellings, hollerings, shoutings, and moments and periods of silences. But at the same time, there's lots of happiness, joy, elation and peace and just a comfort of having someone loving me for just being me. Babe loves me the way I am. He knows and loves me in my happiness, joy, sadness, depression and in all my dramas. I know that his love is and will always be there for me. Very comforting to know that. I may not and am not the best wife but I know that he loves me despite of my shortcomings. I really suck at household chores. Never ask me to clean up an apartment. I suck at it.

Anyway, Babe, thanks for being a wonderful husband! Thanks for loving me the way I am! Love you heaps and heaps!

No comments: