Thursday, March 05, 2009

Movie

Babe and me hardly catch a movie in HK. The problem with catching a movie in HK, it can't be a spontaneous thing. It has to be planned or the tickets will be sold out. Or maybe I'm wrong, let me rephrase it. The cinema that we both love is always sold out with their tickets but not sure about the rest. So last weekend, we made plans and booked the tickets online to watch Slumdog Millionaire. Have to say that I loved, loved the show.

I love shows that the underdogs triumph over life and that childhood sweethearts reunite with each other. And the movie had both of these elements. But as I watch the movie, my heart went out to the poor orphan kids living in slums, working under hateful monsterous gang leaders. And it pains me to know that the kids in slums are real, bloody real to the point that yes, real! No other way to put it. And yes, I want to help all of them. Wish I have the power to save every single one of these slum kids. But then again, here am I sitting on my comfy couch and typing away saying that I want to help these kids....but what am I truly doing about it? Talk is cheap, huh?

These thoughts have been running through my head. Maybe God might be preparing something for me.....something. Don't know what but He's in control.

No comments: