Monday, March 09, 2009

My Resolution

Ha! It's a little late to make my new year's resolution isn't it. But well, it's better late than never. I went for a Christian Women's Conference on Saturday and came back feeling that I've learnt a lot. A lot about myself and God and also my relationship with Babe.

The thing that really hit me at the conference was the issue of submission to my husband, Babe. The reality, I want things my way and bless Babe, the poor babe, he loves me heaps and lots of time, he gives way to me and when he puts his foot down, I get mad. I learnt that submission to my husband is submitting even though I do not agree, I will give in to him. That takes a lot from anyone, especially me. I've also realised that it's me that's always wanting to lead and wanting my ways and that's why we get into arguments. And biting my tongue and a change of my attitude will do a lot to the marriage. And it's not just submitting and having a bad attitude towards it. But rather submitting because I love Babe and that I'm honoring God in the process.

It was a real eye opener for me. This summer, I'm not going to States to spend time with Eve even though I'll do anything to be able to get there. Babe told me that he wants to spend time with me and he wants to visit Australia. I agreed and told him, yup, let's do that and maybe next year's summer, I'll do States with Eve. Yes....I'm learning and getting better at submitting. This is love and I am learning.....learning....

No comments: