Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Friend Loveth at All Times

Recently a friend told me that she had to call a mutual friend of ours because she was so sick that she could hardly get food for herself. It was this incident that got me thinking of my friends when I'm living overseas or when I'm living alone.

The first time that I lived alone was when i was at uni in Gold Coast. Sure, there were times that I wonder would anyone know if I fell sick and died alone. Oh yes, love my morbid thoughts! But I had Eve. She would come around or call me every couple of days to make sure I'm fine. I remember once there was a blackout and of course I was a little concerned and scared. I called Eve and she came straightaway and picked me up to go to Broadbeach for coffee. Miss those times.

Then I got married and moved out. And again, there were times that Babe had to go away for work or go for reservist training. But at that time, living alone wasn't that daunting as I was still in Spore and always have family and friends. Soon after that, I moved to Sydney to do my masters. Again, I had Eve. It's always wonderful to have a best friend living in the same city when living overseas. I had Kabi too. He would also call randomly to meet up.

Now moving to Hong Kong, I had to start from scratch with making friends. Sure like I've mentioned that I've made mistakes but now, I've found a tight group of girlfriends. It's nice of these girlfriends to check on me whenever Babe is out of town. On Tuesday night, I had a migraine attack and as I nursed my throbbing head in head, I'm thankful to know that if there's a need to call a friend to come over, I would have a few to call. And that's more than enough for me to know that there are truly friends that love at all times!

No comments: