Friday, April 09, 2010

Easter Hols So Far

Tonight is my second last night in Singapore. Easter hols so far has been good. Well, good not in the sense that I've been having loads of fun but good as in I've been seeing God's hands working in this holiday.

I came back on the 25th of March. On 24th of March, my brother in law's brother past on. He was in an accident. I was not able to be there as much as I would like for the family as I was involved in a school trip. However, I was able to attend a vigil service and to a certain extent be there for the family in whatever small ways that I can.

After the school trip, on the 31st of March, we had to visit Babe's grandma in the hospital. She had a fall and is resting in the hospital. She's still there and hopefully she'll be fine soon.

We left for Phuket on the 1st and were there till the 4th of April. It was a good trip. Good couple time. And thankfully, we were not affected by the protests and madness that's happening in Bangkok. At the back of our heads, we had a fear that the airport might be shut like what happened last year. But thankfully, it was all good.

Spent some time with friends. But there some are busy and I'm understanding why God chose for me to spend time with some over the others. Sorry, if I didn't call you or see you, it's not that you don't mean a lot to me. But rather, whenever time is very short, I don't see all the people that I want to see. And the reality of it, since the arrival of little JC, my time is spent largely on her. Don't worry, when my summer hols roll along, I'll have more time in Spore.

When I wrote that I've been seeing God's hands in this trip, I mean, it's not often that Babe's grandma is in hospital and it's not often that I'm back for hols too. So when the two meet, I'm able to see her and hopefully, be of encouragement to her. And it's the same with Joe's family (Joanne's in laws), I've never really spent that much that with my sis' in laws till recently and I hope and pray that they'll come to know Christ and be encouraged by Him.

Overall, it's a great trip home and will be kinda reluctant to leave on Sun but that's the way my life goes for now.

No comments: