Saturday, April 24, 2010

Plus

What's Plus? Plus means addition and sometimes plus means synergy. So what really is Plus? Well, Plus is a care/cell group that I attend on Park Island. Maybe slightly more than a year or so, we were invited by a couple to attend a meeting on Thursday. Sure in the beginning it was a little daunting. We didn't know anyone except for a couple. But soon, we got to know each other and it's become a comfortable and comforting group.

Over time, this group has been quite crucial in our spiritual growth. It was nice to finally find a nice group of people that we can hang out and have fellowship and worship God together. It's been a long time since I've belong to a group like that. Probably more than 15 years? Guess it must be since Youth Fellowship. It's been really encouraging to know that there are fellow brothers and sisters in Christ that are praying for us and we're praying for them too. And I'm thankful that God has brought us to them. Living in Hong Kong, we really need the reality check with God and this provides for it.

Last Thursday, one of the ladies in Plus shared that her brother died a couple of days ago. She went on to say that he was raised in a Christian family. He was a Christian but he chose to live the ways of the world. There were times in his life that he made more than US$30, 000 per month. But when the mortgage crisis hit, he lost everything. Anyway, he died being born again and a practising Christian. What hit me that night was that we were just reading the passage of the Parable of the Rich Fool. It struck me, so what if I've all these material stuff? Sure, when I die, they can be buried with me but they won't get to heaven with me. And besides that, I can lost them overnight in a fire or when something happens, whatever it may be. It got me thinking, where am I really storing my treasure? And am I truly living a life that emulates Christ?

I know the answer is probably a no sometimes. But that doesn't stop me from learning and trying to be a better person with Christ's help.

No comments: