Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Missing Babe

I know that by now, almost eight years of marriage and ten years of dating prior to getting married, I should be used to Babe not being around sometimes. Well, as I type this post, Babe is on the plane on his way back from Jakarta to Hong Kong. I miss him heaps.

Well, it's a laugh when I think about it. Babe was in Singapore working for about eight months before moving back to Hong Kong and I was living alone. And yes, those days in Sydney and my endless travels without Babe too. Not forgetting the numerous business trips that Babe has been on and I've been home. But this time is different. One might ask, how is it different? Well, no matter where Babe is or where I am, we never fail to speak to each other every day, doesn't matter day or night or which continent I am or he is, we always speak to each other. Almost all the time. There were times that we couldn't and this is one of those times. Yes, I miss him, miss his voice and generally, just miss speaking to him. I don't mind as much if he travels for work or if we're in different countries because of my holidays but I mind not talking and updating and just talking to each other.

Anyway, he's on the way back. Will be seeing him tonight. Going to try to clean the apartment a little and going to try to clean myself up too! Can't wait to see Babe!!!

No comments: