Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Splitsville

How ironic that my last post was about love, till death do us part and this post is on Spitsville. This morning I went to work and as usual after reading Daily Bread, I read my dose of tabloid news. So today's top tabloid news was the separation of a famous Hollywood actress and her husband. So well, not a prob, they are not related to me so not affected.

Then I read my dose of blogs. There's someone who's really close to me and dear to me, love her heaps and I've known her forever too. When I read her blog, I was taken aback. She and her significant other parted ways. I didn't see that happening and when we met up over summer, she didn't mention anything. I felt bad because I took her friendship for granted and didn't seem to have time or make the effort to keep in contact with her and it's only through her blog that I found out.

I do not judge or despise her. But rather I admire her. Why do I admire her? She fell in love and over time, sure, they had their ups and downs. But who doesn't. I'm sure and am very sure that they tried to work things out. But I guess it didn't work for them. But I'm glad that they had to courage to talk it out and give each other chances at being happy by letting each other go. As cliche as it sounds, loving someone is wanting that person to be happy. I totally believe in it. I know her, it must been a hard and agonizing decision. And no, I don't blame him or her for the breakup because I don't know the story and it's not fair to pin the blame on anyone.

Monster, I know you're strong and that you'll survive. I love you heaps and take good care of yourself.

No comments: