Monday, September 11, 2006

Microwaved Lunch

Went to work and brought my leftover dinner for lunch. During lunch, I went to the pantry area to heat up my lunch. There was a lady that was cleaning up the microwave ovens. There's about 5 microwave ovens there. Haven't seen so many microwave ovens in one place before, other than the stores. This nice lady apologized for not heating up my food. I was pleasantly surprised. And she told me that she didn't heat up my food because I didn't put my lunchbox on the 'to be heated shelves' in the fridge. I'm like wow.....this school really cares for their staff. They even make sure that your lunch get heated just before lunchtime!

Next pleasant surprise. While I was marking some papers, a teacher came up to me and introduced herself. Hate to say this, but I can't remember her name. Well, she told me that she has to collect some money from me, it's like for staff welfare. I said fine and asked how much, she said HK$50. Well, that's like SIN$10. And that's all? I remembered the last time I paid for staff welfare in WDP was like SIN$60 or something like that.... Hmmm.....wonder where did the SIN$50 went....

Went to the gym today again. I'm making a huge effort to make it to the gym at least thrice a week. It's not easy. Each time I'm walking on the treadmill, I tell myself....Clothes...Clothes... need to get new clothes...need to lose weight...must fit into a large size.....Clothes....Clothes...need to lose weight....well, I'm not really into losing weight...I just want to buy clothes!!! And that's all, is that too much to ask???

9.30 pm

Hong Kong

No comments: