Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Overnight

I remember reading a post on Stan's blog on overnight. He wrote about things happening overnight and at that time, a mutual friend of ours went to home to heaven. This morning I woke up to something that happened overnight.

The moment I wake up every morning, I turn on the telly and then wash up and get dressed while the telly is on. I tune on to Channelnewsasia to catch up with news. This morning came as a rude shock, there was a coup in Thailand. I love visiting Thailand. I visit Thailand once a year either to Bangkok or Phuket. It's a great place. I remember visiting Bangkok last year. At that time, I haven't visited Bangkok for about 2 years. After my holiday, I remember talking to a Thai friend mentioning that wow, Thaksin seem to have done a lot for Bangkok as seem to look a lot nicer and infrastructure seems a lot better too. She laughed when I said that. She told me that Thai people do not see things that way. That brought me to realize that when we're not in that situation, obviously we see things in a different way. And then, there's the political turmoil in Taiwan. Hmmm...not that I'm into politics but things like these sometimes get to me.

Left work early as I had to get to a workshop. As usual workshops bore me. But it's always nice to see friends, renew ties to friends and also to make new friends. Tonight, this is the first time that I'm actually doing work at home. Well, this week and next week is going to be tight for me as WK will be arriving this weekend and I've got 3 booklets to prepare by next Thursday. So, now, it's time to start working overtime.

11.35 pm

Hong Kong

2 comments:

Ocean said...

Hi dear! Been terribly, terribly busy.....

Take care yeah! Happy for u that ur hubby will be based there as well. :)

Drop me an email, can? School's internet can be pretty unpredictable. Wasn't able to get into your website last week.

ariel

sunniefaith said...

Hey Ariel,

Glad that you're fine and that you check out my blog!!! So flattered by it. You take care....Come and visit me, okie?