Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Handover Weekend

We had a great weekend. Colleen, Babe and me went to Cebu. We stayed at Kum Hoong's place. Babe's cousin. We really had a good time. I'll put up the pics tomorrow. Will download them into my laptop tonight.

Cebu is a beautiful place. We went to a beautiful island off Mactan. Not quite sure of its name but it was so beautiful. Love it. But there was also a side to Cebu that left me with a bittersweet taste. Cebu is nothing like Phuket. Phuket has its tourism thriving and people in Phuket didn't seem as poor as Cebu. But then again, I may be wrong to say that as I didn't stay with someone that knew Phuket well. In Cebu, we encountered on different occasions that kids coming up to us begging for me. It was a little heart wrenching for me. The disparity was so much. Honestly, I didn't feel like bargaining or anything like that because stuff were cheap there and people seemed so poor. Makes me feel very thankful for what I have. Maybe one day, just one day, I might be able to adopt a child from there. We'll see. There were too many thoughts that were running through my head when I was there.

But have to say that the hospitality there was great! Kum Hoong was a great host and it was nice of his friends to invite us to their home for dinner and also to invite us out to an island. We had wonderful massages and nice food. All very cheap too. I'm already planning for another trip to Cebu! Colleen was a great travel mate too. Really enjoyed her company!

No comments: