Monday, July 09, 2007

That's What Friends Are For!

That's What Friends Are For


Performed with Dionne Warwick, Gladys Knight and Stevie Wonder
Written by Bacharach
Released as a UK single in 1985

And I never thought I'd feel this way
And as far as I'm concerned
I'm glad I got the chance to say
That I do believe I love you

And if I should ever go away
Well then close your eyes and try
To feel the way we do today
And then if you can remember

Keep smiling, keep shining
Knowing you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
For good times and bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for

Well you came in loving me
And now there's so much more I see
And so by the way I thank you

Oh and then for the times when we're apart
Well then close your eyes and know
The words are coming from my heart
And then if you can remember



Been thinking about this song a lot ever since my last post. Friends, no matter where we are, I just want to thank you guys for the friendship. And friends that I've made in HK, thanks for the friendships too and for being a friend to me.

This is how I perceive friends and life. Life is a journey, it's like a car or bus trip. In life, I meet friends and they get up into my car or bus and some friends, get off and it's sad that some friendships die. But sometimes, friends come back up my car or bus and the friendships are rekindled. I guess, its like Eve, lost her in the midst of transitions and then we met up again and now, she's firmly seated in my car or bus. It's the same with Kabi as well. Things happened and then we reconnected again. Initially, my friendship vehicle was just a car but now, I'm glad that it has expanded to a bus!

Friends, I love you people heaps! With my family, I don't seem to miss them that much as they fly in or I fly home to see them quite a bit and I talk to them all the time. But with friends, it's a little different. Can't wait to see everyone again!

No comments: