Friday, May 30, 2008

For the First Time in the Longest Time

For the first time in the longest time that I really miss home to a certain extent. Not sure if I'm homesick or what it is? Maybe it's the weather that's kinda affected me. It's gloomy, hot, rainy, in short, crap, shit weather!

It started yesterday with a text from Sharon. She texted and told me that she's pregnant! And well, of course, I'm over the moon for her. Actually, more than over the moon for her. So happy for her! And then I started counting....hmmm....will I make it for her baby's first month celebrations? And then it hit me, maybe not! Damn!

After work, I went to the gym. While I was trying my very best to huff and puff on the threadmill and that's when everything hit! I realised that living in overseas, I've missed out heaps on my family and friends. I'm missed out on so many things that to me are important. I wished I was there when Yati's mum passed on. Miss Joanne's engagement, missed so many things. And it felt even more when I chatted with Sharon last night. We started talking and I realised that I do miss my friends.

It is hard at times when my best friends live in another country or in another continent. And it makes me wonder....even if I'm in Spore, would I have time really to catch up with my friends and see them? No, but it does make it easier for me to pick up the phone and call and talk. But this is the life that I've chose and do I regret? No, I don't regret. It makes me realise who are the ones that I truly care for and want to be there for. It also has shown me who my friends truly are. My family will always be there for me. It's the friends that have come around to show if they are worthy to be keepers.

No comments: