Thursday, May 15, 2008

Judging the World

I hate to admit this. I can't stand people that are judgmental and passing off remarks about others. But then again, when I look at myself, I'm pretty much the same isn't it. I can be very judgmental and be adamant on my views and thoughts, disregarding others.

But recently....my heart is a little broken. Well, it started with the cyclone that hit Myanmar. I got upset and angry because I can't seem to understand why wouldn't the government let in aid workers? They just want the aid without the workers. Maybe I'm be brainwashed by the media that Myanmar is evil and mean but from what I read, the government is keeping the good stuff for themselves or reselling them for a profit to make more mincemeat out of the monks (my own deduction), or whatever the reason. They gave the poor and starving rotten rice. And it broke my heart even more when the government wants the people seeking shelter in the temples to be out too. I'm like...What? Where do the govt expect these poor, starving, cold and homeless people to go? This is madness!

And then, this week, the earthquake hit Sichuan. And I was heartened by the fact that Wen Jiabao, the premier or whoever, was on the ground helping and supervising the rescue operations. Yes, people can say that it's just a show but I believe that true kindness and being real is hard to pretend. Sure, I've met many pretentious people but soon, their true colors will show. But with Wen Jiabao, it seems to be that it comes from the heart. I really pray and hope that China will be able to crawl out of this calamity stronger. I pray that more survivors will be found.

The world is really a strange place and mankind, even stranger.

No comments: