Friday, May 08, 2009

God's Providence

Every day, I'm beginning to see more of God's providence, of how He makes things work together, weaving bits and pieces to make it into something perfect. Things that seem, well, why can't it work, and now, I'm seeing, yes, I now know why.

This started with Easter hols. Well, I didn't make it back to Spore for Easter and was trying to figure out why. Wanted so badly to head home to spend time with family and friends. But no, went to Shanghai instead. Couldn't figure out why and why Shanghai? Why?

So things are falling into place now. Kinda know why now and God has even made it better. We went to Shanghai for 5 nights, experienced Shanghai and left Shanghai understanding that it would be hard for us to live there and also going to church would be a problem. Well, a couple of days ago, a call came for Babe asking him if he was interested in relocating to Shanghai. Without asking me, guess he knew my answer, he told them no. God brought us to Shanghai, showed us Shanghai letting us understand that living there can be very hard for us.

Next, well, Joanne gave birth and I wanted very badly to head home for Jo Claire's party. Spoke to work to ask them to give me a day and half of no pay leave. No problem, principal said go, go ahead. Before booking my ticket, I checked with my accounts clerk about the amount that's going to be deducted from my salary. Well, shock came, 5 days will be deducted. That would include, the public holiday and the weekend. I was like....what? Ridiculous! Talked with the clerk and tried to figure what we could do. Finally solution, take Mon and Tues off and no pay will be deducted! Woohoo!!!

Now, it gets even better, checked airfares, it was cheaper by 50 percent. But I called Krisflyer to see if I redeem my flight. And yes! It could be done. Flight is now free, except for taxes, which is not that much anyway. And....I even get to attend Karen's wedding. Karen was my colleague in Spore. A sister in Christ who reminded me constantly to lead a Godly life.

So there you go....things fall into place because God puts them into place. We attended a fellowship meeting in Park Island yesterday and I left feeling filled with God's love and understanding. Every day is a lesson that God is watching over me and He knows what I mean more than myself. Am very thankful!

No comments: