Monday, May 25, 2009

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

On my Facebook update, I wrote this, 'Faith Jasmine Sim saw the sun and the rainbow amidst the rain. And no she's not mad. She's speaking metaphorically.'

I wrote on Thursday that it was one of my worse days in my life but today, the sun shone upon me and the rainbow appeared. Ummm, it's kinda raining in Hong Kong and the weather pretty much sucked today to be honest. But to me, sun was shining and the rainbow appeared. I was very much reminded of Noah. Despite the rain and the gloomy weather, I felt God's rays of love upon me and the rainbow reminded me of His promises for me.

On Thursday, I had to make one of the hardest decision in my life. It was very hard. And in making that decision, I questioned the whole idea of Christianity and the existance of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, the Holy Trinity. As I laid in bed on Thursday in my sad and depressive state, I was about to be like Job's wife. Just deny, curse God and die. Oh not, literally, but rather let my Christian faith die. I thought and thought, why God? Why did You place the gift that I've been praying for ages in Your arms, stretched it out to me and then before I could even touch it, You snatched it away from me? Why this cruelty? I was about to throw in the towel on God. Then a little silent voice whispered to me,' Don't give in to the devil. Just have faith and trust.' I dried my tears, got out of bed and got ready for fellowship meeting with a group of Park Islanders. We got there and was blessed by the testimony by one of them.

Went to church yesterday and was really blessed by the guest speaker. Was reminded to rejoice. This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118: 24. I sat there thinking, yes, even in my sadness, I will rejoice and be glad in my sadness because I know no matter how deep and dark my tunnel is, God will always hold my hand and walk through my sadness and sorrow and into sunshine for He knows the best. And at the end of it all, I will emerge stronger in Him. Spoke to Dana via MSN and she was really encouraging me reminding me of God's goodness. Melissa was a great encourager too and the numerous friends that showed their love and concern. And always importantly, Babe. The patience and love that he has for me, is beyond description. And yes, God always has a plan.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to
His purpose. Romans 8: 28

I know God always has a plan and that things will always work out and yes, the sun will always shine even though the day seem cold and gloomy. God will never fail!

No comments: