Friday, May 01, 2009

Patchwork

I remember last Christmas when we were in States, we bought mum a Coach bag for Christmas. It was this beautiful patchwork bag. After giving to her, I mentioned to her that Babe that it was beautiful. And Mum heard and she immediately said, 'No! You're not having it now!' No, I didn't take it back from her. I love patchwork. One of the most beautiful blankets that I had when I was a child was actually a patchwork blanket that my grandmother made. She sewed it square by square and it was a beautiful pattern. It was something that money can never buy. Even now, as I look around, I wish that I can get another patchwork blanket but it's something that I've to make or find someone that loves me enough to make one for me.

I thought of patchwork because of things that has been happening now. Joanne gave birth last week and she was meant to give birth either this week or next week but she popped last week which we are all very thankful. Thankful because the swine flu or whatever flu is making everyone panic. Hospitals in Spore are allowing only one patient at one time and that would make Joanne super bored in the hospital. And mum has also gone for a short holiday. Dad also came back just in time for the birth of Jo Claire and he's off to China too. I thought of how things fall into place, how God the Almighty works in ways that He pulls everything together and makes things perfect. Like a beautiful piece of patchwork cloth. So yes, God knows every detail, every situation, and He works in ways that we do not know and He makes things perfect. Just perfect.

No comments: