Saturday, June 20, 2009

There's Nothing That I Would Like to Change

On Thursday, the fellowship and dinner group came over to our place for fellowship and dinner. Yes, I know it does sound a little silly. Cooked up a dinner, glad no one came down with a tummy ache. Had a good time of fellowship with fellow Christians. A great recharge.

It was also my turn to share my story, my testimony. I shared my story in the simplest possible way and was reminded as I shared how God has always looked out for me. Remember the footprints story? That's how I feel of my life. There were times that Jesus and I walked together, two sets of footprints side by side, then there are times that I looked ahead pulling Jesus the way I want to go, and then there are times that I get a little weary that Jesus has to lead and drag me, sort of. And times that there's only one set of footprints. Jesus carrying me when I am too tired to go on. But whatever it is, it is comforting to know that He will never leave me nor forsake me. I know that through the trials and tribulations that I've gone through and will be going through, Jesus is with me and each trial and tribulation, He makes me a better person and through Him I become stronger and more resilient.

There was one thing that I forgot to mention. There's nothing in my life that I would like to change. The difficulties that I've went through, though it seemed dark and alone then, I'm glad that I went through. It's through these difficult periods of my life that Jesus becomes real and that I rely on His strength to be a better person. Yes, I am thankful for everything in my life, ups, downs, happiness, sadness, surprises, disappointments, basically everything. God has a purpose and reason for everything and I'm always thankful.

No comments: