Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Where are We at?

I'm kinda in a reflective mood today. Guess today marks six months of the year that have passed and we have half a year left. Got me thinking about where we are at now and what's to come.

At this point of time, we're still awaiting the adoption. The wait has been way longer than we have expected. Seriously way longer, but as usual, I'm learning or rather we're learning that God's ways as always that His ways are higher than ours, His timing is always perfect.

Job wise, we are thankful, actually very thankful that our jobs are fine. We won't say that we're secure in our jobs but rather am thankful that in this economic situation, God has been faithful in providing for all our needs and even giving to us bountifully. Nothing to complain at all. Am truly thankful. Really.

Family wise, Babe and I have our ups and downs. But throughout, we have more ups, thankfully. Am glad that God has given me my soulmate and best friend. I've nothing more to ask for. With my family, there's a new addition, Jo Claire! Really excited and happy. Can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks. Just found out last week that a cousin is pregnant. So happy for her. And as with life. When there's good news, there's always bad or sad news. Found out that another cousin of mine is dying. She has days or weeks left. Life is such an irony. A new life is on the way and a young life is on the verge of leaving this Earth.

Well, because of the adoption, H1N1, and other things around the world, our summer plans have been thrown in the air, tousled around and well, in simple terms, in a mess! But we're trusting God to lead us for summer plans. God willing, we'll be heading back to Spore on the 14th of July and then heading to Bali for a couple of days and then back to Spore for about 3 weeks before heading back to HK. Would have loved to head to the States to see my cousins and Eve but with the H1N1 madness, just too much hassle. Plus, I don't want to put Jo Claire at risk when I head back.

This is where we are at now. Life is never perfect which I always admit. But it is with the grace and strength of the Lord that we get through in life. I must admit that I often forget to be thankful and be grateful. Greed gets the better of me. I have to make an effort to remind myself to reflect and ponder on God's goodness. Am looking forward to the rest of the year. Excited to see what God has instore for us.

No comments: