Saturday, August 15, 2009

Up - A Wonderful Love Story

Being wanting to watch Up eversince Mel mentioned the movie. I've a weakness for 3-D movies. We were going to catch it in Singapore but guess we were too busy eating and didn't have the time. Came back to HK and realised that it's still at the movies! Yeah!!!!

It's such a heartwarming movie. Boy walks past an old and depilated house and finds a girl whose as shares his dream of being an adventurer. They both have the same adventurer idol. Falls in love and gets married. Boy is an introvert and at this point of the movie, he reminds me very much of Babe. My babe. But they get along perfectly well. Life got in their way of their dream of visiting South America and soon, girl dies of old age. Boy becomes a widow and then little boy comes along and became his travelling companion.

It was such a beautiful love story. Falling in love, growing old together and when girl finally dies, boy becomes sad and grumpy. It took a little cute boy to bring back the laughter and joy. I know this sounds silly but it brought back my faith and belief in the institution of marriage. The movie also brought out the regrets that one has in his or her life. But, it also showed that even the girl didn't get to fulfil her dreams, she had a change of dreams. Her adventures in life became her adventures in a marriage.

Babe and I, by God's grace, this Novemeber will be married for seven years. It's truly by God's grace. I've friends whose marriages have fallen apart and even my favourite reality show couple's marriage have ended and think it's even getting ugly now. It's never easy for marriages to last but when I was watching this show, it made me wonder what will I do without Babe. Boy fell in love with his best friend. I fell in love with my best friend. And I pray that the day will never come that one of us will go first. But then again, who am I to dictate when mine or Babe's time is up. Go watch Up.....And I didn't cry although I almost did.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked it too. :-)
Mel

sunniefaith said...

Mel,

Was a nice show right? Love every bit of it!