Monday, August 24, 2009

End of Summer Holidays and Start of Work

We're finally back in Hong Kong. We flew back last night. Felt a little pang when I kissed JC goodbye. It sucks to realise that the next time I see her, it'll be three months later. Oh well.....

The short trip back was really good. I caught up with my cousins. I really had a great time catching up with them. It was rare actually to see Sharon, Morgan and Xiao Di all at the same time. Was really good to see Morgan again. Am truly glad that he's doing fine. It was fun to see the next generation of cousins playing and hanging out with each other. It's rare for cousins to love hanging out together but in our family, it's quite a norm. Am grateful for my parents for that.

On the flight, I read an article from Straits Times about wayward teens. Got me into a pensive mood. I remember joking with Joanne telling her to save money so that she can send JC to Havard. Reading that article, and thinking of JC, no mother or aunty can ever envision that her daughter or niece would turn out to be a wayward teen. We all have hopes, aspirations and dreams for our children but what went wrong that they turn out wayward.

Anyway, work started today. Went in for meetings. It was nice to see colleagues and share holiday stories. Tomorrow, we're heading to Noah's Ark. It was strange to actually look forward to work today. This is the first time that I felt this way. With the new academic year, it marks my three years in Hong Kong. When we were back, friends would ask when will we head back to Spore and the answer has always been, we don't know. But one thing is for sure, I MISS JC!!!

No comments: