Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Hiking

Jacqui was planning to buy a camera when she came to Hong Kong and I thought that hiking might be a next way for her to play with her new toy. And so I emailed Mel and a couple others to ask if they wanted to go on a hike. Well, friends turned up and a couple actually emailed saying that they are turning up just to see me hike! Well, kinda flattered.

So on Sat, we went and hiked on Dragon's Back trail. We started at somewhere near Stanley and ended up at Shek O. Don't ask me where, I just followed. I survived the hike. Was superbly tired too!

On the hike, it brought back some memories. The times that I went on a hike, I can count by the fingers on one hand. The most recent was maybe 4 years ago when I was helping out in Sunday School camp. But the one that brought back the most memories while I was walking was the hike that I did probably 20 years ago or something like that. I was in Youth Fellowship and we went on a hike for maybe like 4 hours or more. It was brutal but fun. I thought of Adrian. He was my mentor in Youth Fellowship and I remember he feeding the monkey with luncheon meat and the monkey sniffed at it and then threw it away. I miss Adrian. Wonder what's it like in heaven for him. Adrian, miss you heaps. Sometimes I wonder why God decided that you deserve to head home so early.

Anyway, enough of that. Enjoy the pictures. Would have loved to take more pictures but I was too busy huffing and puffing and asking, 'Are we there yet?' And thanks girls and a boy for not pushing me down the mount!








No comments: