Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Well Spent Saturday

This week, I emailed a lady from church to join the ladies to go to a drug rehab centre. To be really honest, it felt quite daunting to join a bunch of ladies that I've not met before and even more daunting to interact in Canto to a bunch of ladies who are recovering from drug addiction. But yes, I garnered up my courage and told myself, I'm not doing for myself, it's for Jesus' glory.

So this morning, I woke up bright and early to go to the gym for a class. Am a little amazed at myself for bringing myself to the gym. After gym, I went to meet the ladies to go to the rehab centre. I must say that I was a little apprehensive because I've not worked with teenagers before. But going there and listening to their stories, made me realised that I'm very thankful for my life and for God's guidance in my life. I could have easily ended up like anyone of those girls but with God's divine intervention, He steered me in the right path. When one of those girls said that all she wants for Christmas is love, I almost wanted to hug her and say that God loves her and that she has my love too. But I didn't and I regret.

I went to the drug rehab centre thinking that I would administer to the girls but instead was ministered by them. Thanks girls!

No comments: