Monday, November 01, 2010

My Doxology

Yesterday in church, Pastor Andrew Gardner preached on Jude 1: 24 and 25. At the end of his sermon, he asked us to write our doxology. So I wrote mine. This is it

My God is able to walk with me every day. My God is able to bring a child to us a real soon. For God, my saviour through Jesus, is my light in my darkness.

Now and forever, Amen.

When I wrote this in church, I wanted God to lead me as I wrote it. When I read it again, the phrase Jesus is my light in my darkness, became a little glaring to me, pardon the pun. I've to admit that I am a little afraid of the darkness because simply, I can't see what's beyond. And another thing which I admit, there are times in my life that darkness seem to surround me and things overwhelm me. I'm glad to say that this does not happen as often but I know that darkness is just lurking around the corner and it can just pop out anytime. I believe that God always works in marvelous ways. We woke up late for church and ended at 4pm service and at the of the service, yes, it was loud and clear that Jesus is my light in darkness and in waiting, I will grow strong in Him.

I'm loving the fact that each time I go to church, God speaks to me and He brings me a message according to my needs. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments: