Thursday, June 09, 2011

When One is Homesick

When one is homesick, God brings her best friend to her. I've been feeling homesick for a while now. I think our social worker said it best 2 weeks ago. He was at our home for a home visit. He said that there's a difference between not being able to leave the country and choosing not to leave the country. That's right. We can't leave the country together because of Cha Cha and it is difficult for me.

So as I was feeling homesick, missing family and friends, Stanley, one of my best friend sent an sms that he'll be visiting Hong Kong to attend a wedding with his wife. Sure, I was elated. I missed him. I missed being able to call him and meeting him for lunch. I miss those times that we'll meet for meals, coffees or cakes. Sure, we meet whenever I head home but sometimes it's hard as our schedules don't sync. Anyway, he came over the weekend and we had a great time hanging out. Oh yes, he brought satay for us too.

Apart being my best friend, oh, he's one of my oldest friends too. We've known each other for more than 3 decades. He's also Josias's godfather. When we decided to adopt, I asked Stanley to be our referee. He gladly agreed and wrote a glowing letter for us. He was one of the first that I told that we were matched with Josias. And the first thing he asked was to be Josias's godpa. I gladly agreed. Josias's other godma is Eve, by the way. It is joy that my best friend is my son's godparent.

Anyway, it was nice to be able to hang out and spend time with the Leongs. I really appreciate the time. Enjoy the pics. Oh, we went to Hillsong concert together too. Had a blast!

No comments: