Friday, June 03, 2011

In Waiting I Grow Stronger

Last week, at church, I heard this phrase and I started to ponder upon it. It's quite apt for me. Waiting seems to be such a part of my life.

I remember before Babe and I started to date, I prayed for him and prayed that he'll be the one and then the waiting. Then we started to date and yet again the waiting started. We dated for 10 years before getting married. After getting married, we waited upon the Lord to start a family. We waited upon the Lord for basically anything and everything.

Sure, there were many times that I wished that I didn't have to wait. There were so many times with the adoption, I felt that we were ready and the timing should be now. It's always Lord, why not now? But when I look back, I understand the timing. Babe was working from home at that time. And looking back, I don't think he would be able to cope if we had a child at home and he had to work. It would have driven him mad. Then when he headed back to Spore to work, if we were matched, he would have to quit and head back. Of course, finances, would be tight as we would be on one income and then the issue if we should hire a helper.

But in God's timing He always puts things in perspective and when the time is ripe, all the bits and pieces come together and fit like a big puzzle. And that when I realised that yes, in waiting, I'm learning and growing strong. In that waiting, God is teaching me lessons every day. And in that every day, I'm resting and feeding in Him that I become stronger through Him and in Him. I am very thankful.

Last night at Plus, one of the ladies shared that giving thanks in all circumstances is discipline. Sure, it is easy to thank God when things are all rosy and fine but when shit hits the fan, it's hard to thank God. However, when I look back at things, I'm understanding, yes, everything for God has its time and purpose. It may be hard to thank and praise God but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter because God is supreme. He knows what He is doing even though it may not make sense to us.

No comments: