Wednesday, June 22, 2011

First Father's Day

Last Sunday, was our first Fathers' Day. I was looking back and remembered last Fathers' Day I was on the plane back to Hong Kong from Singapore. How time flies. To a certain extent, I didn't expect that we'll be parents this year. Yes, at times I'm still in awe of it all. Can't believe that we have little Cha Cha now.

Anyway, this post is for Babe. I must really give him the credit for stepping up to being a great dad. When Cha Cha first arrived, Babe was a little overwhelmed. The reality is that as much as we think that we're prepared to be parents, we were not ready at all. There were heaps that we had to learn and to adjust to. But these couple of months, Babe has been doing a great job. Babe travels and whenever he comes back from his travels, he never fails to want to spend time with Cha Cha. And I suspect sometimes, he tries to wake Cha Cha up when he comes home late.

Sometimes I'll bring Cha Cha for dinner with my friends and Babe would call and ask when am I coming home because he wants to spend time with Cha Cha. There are even times that he'll tell me not to bring Cha Cha out because he wants to spend time with him. Every weekend, Babe and I will bring Cha Cha for a swim and after the swim, Babe will bathe him. It's a routine that he has established. Last Sunday, I wanted to bathe Cha Cha but Babe told me no because that's his time with Cha Cha.

I'm so glad that Babe is doing such a great job as a dad. I can't write or say more! Thanks Babe for being a great dad!

No comments: