Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Babe

In the lead up to Father's Day, I'm kinda inspired to write a couple of posts related to Father's Day. The first post is obviously for Babe. Yes, that's right, Babe. The most important person in my life.

As most of you would have known by now that Babe is very different from me. Even our family dynamics are very different. And for the fact that our family dynamics are very different, we have different characters and it can be hard when we have family visiting. I have to admit that when Babe''s family is visiting, it can be rather stressful on me. Please don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't enjoy their company but for the fact that our apartment is kinda small and sometimes being in small and confined space does get to me. Anyway back to Babe. He has been very tolerant and accommodating as possible last week.

Babe has been and is still having a rather packed schedule at work. Not sure if it's the lead up to summer that he's trying to clear whatever he can so that he can work from Spore for a month or that there's just more to do. Anyway, Babe was in Bangkok from the 5th to the 7th of June and on the 8th of June, mummy, Jacqui and Jojo arrived. He barely had time to decompress and spend time with Ba Ba and me. Then on Sunday, Joanne arrived. We had a great time. Sure the apartment was a little crowded. Jojo and Baba entertained us with their antics and endless fights. They have a love-hate relationship. And then on Thursday, Daddy arrived too. Babe didn't even have time to have a meal with Dad, actually neither did I and before we knew it, Dad left for Shanghai.

So the madness at home continued. And because my family is here on a vacation, they wanted to do heaps of stuff and sometimes Ba Ba and I went along with them. Babe had his living room invaded and plus he didn't have time to watch telly too. But I'm so glad that through it all, Babe held his tongue and he didn't complain at all. There were nights that Babe missed spending time with little Ba Ba and he would remind me to bring Ba Ba home early but obviously we were too busy hanging out.

This morning Babe left for Tokyo. Last night, he came home kinda late, well, 8 at night is late for me. He barely had time to hang out with Ba Ba before little one went to bed. He did mention last night that he missed Ba Ba and missed just spending time with me too. Yes, I'm touched. Very touched. I was thinking that yes, it's almost 10 years of being married and 10 years of dating and that's 20 years in all and he still misses me and wants to hang out with me, to be, that's beautiful. I don't care what others say.

I was reading tabloids yesterday and a certain celebrity said that her husband is more than a husband and the term is husband is too narrow to define her husband. And I agree too. Babe is more than a husband to me. He has many roles. He's my best friend, my brother, my father in a way that he guides me in certain decision making, my only flatmate that can live with my idiosyncrasies. Don't think even my mum and my sisters can deal with them at times. Yes, the term husband is too narrow for Babe or then maybe the term husband, bands all these roles together. And before I end, Babe is the best dad for little Ba Ba. I wouldn't want to share this parenting experience with anyone else in the world. Babe takes time to listen to Ba Ba. He stops and plays with Ba Ba and it's funny now that I see Babe giving little Ba Ba a little snack here and there and he gives him sips of soda too. And it makes me smile when Babe complains that he doesn't have time for little Ba Ba when Ba Ba goes to bed too early. Yes, thanks Babe for being in this parenting experience with me. I'm glad that God has chosen you for me.

No comments: