Thursday, May 31, 2007

Decisions

Pray for Babe and me as we're praying for God's directions in our lives. These few weeks will be crucial for us as we're praying for God's direction on the decision that we're about to make.

This is decision is going to have huge impacts on our lives. A decision that would make us stand back and rely on God's providence. Something that can be hard at times. Asking for more faith from God and now, He's going to give us. An answered prayer but at the same time, it's a going to be a challenge to learn to rely on God's goodness and have enough faith to understand, realise and trust that He'll provide.

Sorry, won't say much about what's the decision that we have to make at this point of time. Will bring it up in about a month's time when we know more. Well, folks, don't worry or start your buying or anything like that. We're not having a baby or anything of that sort. Just pray for God's wisdom for us.

Sometimes I wish that I'm still at uni and I don't have to make adult decisions. Decisions that will affect and impact others. It can be hard. But that's life isn't it. Decisions, decisions and more decisions. But I believe that after every decision, we come out stronger.

This is life, life is a process that we go through. Highs and lows. How apt that I was reading somewhere that in mountain climbing, coming down is actually harder than going up. More people die when they come down. They think that they've conquered the up so down would be easier. I look at life this way. When things are going up, up in mountain climbing is high. So up and up and I struggle and struggle and then I reach the peak. Well, not that I've reached the peak yet. Or rather I take a breath and admire the surroundings. So I pause and get myself a couple of nice bags and nice clothes. And then I onward go with the up. More struggles ahead and the climb gets harder. Time to tighten my belt and have cheap dinners and cheap clothes. And I struggle. But I've got my babe and my heavenly Father who is looking after me. And then another pit stop. And that's where my blessings come again.

Yes, i admit, that I am materialistic. Always wanting more and with this decision that we make, there's going to be fat trimming in our budget. It's going to be a struggle for me especially, not for babe. But will it make me a worse person? No, on contrary, it's going to make be a better person. So, why am I then worried, complaining and bitching? Well, answer is simple, I am greedy by nature. I want nice things in life. But this is enough.

Sorry, my thoughts and ramblings are getting too much now. So family, friends and readers, pray for us as we make the right decision by God. Will keep you posted in about a month's time when we get answers.

2 comments:

The Quasimother said...

Faith, I supported my family for 6 months here on our wonderful EMB salary so that my husband can be a stay at home dad to our son. You can do it too. Have faith, Faith. The values you learn at the end of the journey would outweigh all material benefits.

Unknown said...

Marina,

Thanks so much for the support! Really appreciate it!