Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Do Right By God Part 2

So we decided to do right and stay till the end of our contract. We were still viewing apartments last Thursday and Friday. There was an apartment that we really liked on Thursday. Real nicely done up, nice TV, everything just felt great! So we told the realtor that this is the one that we liked. She called back later and she said that the landlord is agreeable to our price but he wants to put in a clause that says dogs are not allowed. But WK said, we do have a dog, you know. And she said, it's alright, just tell them no.

But we decided that no, we are going to be honest and tell them that we have a dog. And that's it. And if they are not going to take us, then this is not the apartment for us. So she called back the next day, Friday, and told us that the landlord wants to see the dog on Sat. When I went back to work on Friday, Dion, my colleague told me that we went to see an apartment that's owned by her sis' friend. And true enough that it was the unit that we liked. On Sat, we brought the dog to showed our prospective landlord, and we brought Mum and Joanne to see the new place again and praise the Lord, they said yes!

We believed that in telling the truth, they trusted us and they were willing to wait for us till August as well. Things do fall into place when we trust the Lord. Have to mention this. Some person wrote anonymously a silly comment on my last post. The person mentioned that what has God have to do with all these. Well, actually, I can't even remember what the person wrote. because I deleted it. But I just want to say that I believe that my God is real to me. And that's all that matters to me. Who cares if the rest of the world thinks otherwise!

On a separate note, mum and Joanne are here for a visit. They seemed to be enjoying themselves with shopping and eating and then more shopping and eating. They're leaving tomorrow to see Grandma and then we're going on Friday to see Grandma and also have a mini reunion with Grandma's relatives, most of them, I've never seen before.

1 comment:

The Quasimother said...

Have fun girl! Hope to see you soon. I will definitely make it to Ladies Dinner Night next Wednesday. Will try and ask if Paula wants to come.