Friday, May 18, 2007

Do Right By God

Been having a minor issue these couple of days. My landlord has decided that he wants to increase our rent and obviously we don't want that. So we have decided to move out. We wanted to move out in July as I'll be travelling in mid July and want to move into an apartment before I leave. In the exchange of emails, we got increasingly more frustrated with our landlord and in other words, I was not happy. And when that happened, I started to be very angry and wanting very much to act rashly. It came to a point that I told Babe that I just don't want to pay rent for the last month which is rent for June since we have one month of bond with our landlord and then come July, we move out. Babe being the rational one, told me that we are not doing right by God. That stopped me in my tracks and I thought. That is so true. Am I honoring God if I did things that way? So we decided that we're going to stay put till August.

And then last night, we were viewing apartments again. The real estate agent applied pressure on us and she kept saying that it's okay to move out earlier. Nothing will happen and the nice apartment that we want won't be around for too long. So again we swayed and thought okay, we'll move in July. Well, landlord replied my email requesting to move out earlier and he said no, obviously. And that really got to me. Got real mad again. But thank God Babe reminded me again. Do right by God. We're Christians and we have to live like Christians. We will trust God to lead us to a nicer and cheaper apartment.

No comments: