Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Friendships in a Transient Life

Friendships in a transient life can be hard. My first friend in HK, Michelle left in late Feb. Sure, I felt sad that she left. It's hard when you make friends with people and then they leave. Well, another of my friend is leaving. After Michelle, she's my second friend that I made in HK. She's not told anyone yet so I shall call her Sunshine. She is really like sunshine. Very sunny, cheerful and I always have lots of fun with her.

After Michelle left, Sunshine, a couple of girls and me continued to meet up. Sunshine is really full of funny. Before Michelle left, she has been talking about wanting to finish the year and wanting to leave. Some of us have been talking and persuading her to stay. Well, a couple of days ago, she has decided that she wants to go back because she's not happy with work. She's not happy at school and work environment is just not working out for her. It's been making her miserable. I understand how she feels. I understand that being miserable at work can really drive you mad and make you depress. I've been there.

But deep inside, I want her to stay. But why? Have to admit that it's my selfish reasons that I want her to stay. I didn't really consider her thoughts when I asked her to stay. I wanted her to stay so that I can have her as my friend and that I can hang out with her once a week. But isn't that selfish of me? Seriously, have I considered how she felt? I don't even spend as much time with her. Only once a week. What's once a week compared to the 5 days of shit that she has to go through everyday? Nothing, huh?

Looking back, I kinda understand how Sharon felt when I left Woodlands. She must have felt the same way as I felt. Losing a friend is hard. But then again, it's not really losing a friend. There will be ways to keep in touch and to visit. I just have to learn to let good. I love her enough to want her to be happy and ultimately, that's the most important.

So Sunshine, I'll definitely miss you! Stay in touch and I'll definitely see you again. It's never going to be goodbye for us for good....Love you!

No comments: