Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Back to Work

While my ex-colleagues in Spore are having their one week Sept break, today is my second day at work/school. On Sunday night, I had problems falling asleep because I was excited to go to work. I know it all sounds very strange.

When I came back to Hong Kong for meetings before school started, I was even excited and happy to see some of the students at the supermarket, on the ferry or just up and about. It's really weird and abnormal to me that I genuinely miss the kids and that I'm actually looking forward to work. It has never occurred to me that I'll actually feel that good about going to work.

When I think about it, I guess for the longest time, I am finally happy at work. And to a certain extent, I feel that I am making impacts on these kids and forming relationships with them. I was even invited to lunch with some of the last year's primary six kids! With my work 'family', there's still room to grow but I am happy. I like my colleagues, I'm not drawn into their gossips or politics as I don't quite understand what's going on at times and I've no interest in politics or climbing up the corporate ladder so basically, I don't care. But I must say that most of my colleagues are helpful and they try to go out of their way to help me.

Yes, I am happy and at peace with work. Am looking forward to work tomorrow even though I wish that I can sleep in a little later. But well, one can't have everything. And....more importantly, Babe is coming back tomorrow!!!! YA!!! Can't wait!

No comments: