Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Weekend Without Babe

Yes, I know, it's a little late. It's like early Wednesday morning already. I've been rather busy, actually even busier than when Babe's in town.

On Saturday, stayed at home in the morning while the part time helper came to clean the house. After that, was meant to meet Carmen for a movie but that didn't pan out as the tickets were sold out. We went for tea instead. After tea, we went for a massage and caught up with Shirley, a friend of Carmen's. After the massage, went to Susan's boyfriend, Eric's birthday party. Didn't stay out long as I wanted to get home to feed Happy and also to spend time with her.

On Sunday, met Cindy and another friend and her boyfriend for church. Went to ECC. It was a nice church. But guess, we're happy at IBC for the moment and we don't really see the need to switch but I'll still pop by whenever I can. After church, had lunch with friends. It was nice to know that even though Babe's not around for the weekend, I've got friends that are around me and are there to spend time with me. It was also rather coincidental that I got in contact with Cindy to ask her if she wanted to meet for church and to have lunch after that, as Adrian, her boyfriend was not in town.

Monday came around, work, gym, and then, yes, another massage and then met up with Carmen for dinner. Tueday, work, and then.....while teaching my last class, an announcement came. We had to pack the kids home as the bridge was about to close and typhoon signal number 8 would be hoisted soon. Got home a little early, grabbed food from the supermarket, just in case the typhoon might still be around tomorrow, I'll have food.

This weekend, at Eric's party, I met another NET who has been in HK for 8 years and interestingly, he and his wife have been in a long distance relationship for 8 years. He told me that its not the quantity that matters but rather the quality that matters. When I look at Babe and myself, it's very true. Emily, Derrick's girlfriend said to me once, that in a Chinese saying, when being apart and being together again, for married couples, it's like being newly married again. Err, something like that. Well, it is very true. I told a friend that yes, after being married for close to 6 years and dating the guy for 10 years before getting married, the butterflies in the tummy kinda died. But now, each time Babe takes off for a work trip, caterpillars appear in my tummy and by the time Babe gets back to HK, the caterpillars become butterflies! I get all excited again and try my best not to pick on frivolous things to squabble with Babe because it is just ain't worth it! We don't have enough time!

I do like my time away from Babe at times but at times, I wish he's around to help me deal with things. I'm sitting in the living room while the winds howl and screech and I'm perspiring because I can't really turn on the AC as it is leaking. Wish he's around to deal to the issue. Hate to have to make a call to the repair guys or get my landlord to fix it for us. It's a hassle and yes, me lazy! I know, I can surf the net in my room now that we have wireless but room got no TV!!!

Time to stop babbling....enough...This is what happens when Babe is away, I just type and type.....anyway, enjoy this mad video of my little Happy!


No comments: