Monday, September 15, 2008

There are Beautiful People Part 2

A couple of days ago I was watching Channelnewsasia and there was a program that really touched me. Belinda Lee, a Singaporean TV host, went to India to visit a few orphanages that's run by an Indian guy. I forget his name. I was very touched by the show. This guy basically gave up his life and everything to help these poor kids in various parts of India. There was this scene that as he and Belinda were driving away from an orphanage, he was tearing away and so was Belinda. He said that even after a few years of running these orphanages, he still feels the same each time he has to leave one. Belinda Lee really amazed and surprised me too. She didn't hesitate to hug and kiss the kids. It didn't matter to her if they were grubby or not! I wonder will I be able to do what she did.

I remember Pastor Heng telling us about Iris when she visited Kenya. She was the same. It didn't matter if the kids were grubby and not showered for weeks in Kenya, she still gave hugs and kisses to the kids that she saw in Kenya. Seriously, I don't know if I can ever do that. But I guess if one day God calls me, I'll obey.

There are always beautiful people around us. But at the same time, there were people who do good to get publicity and to gain fame for themselves. Those people to me, have the wrong motives and they don't impress me. To do good to get famous in my humble opinion is wrong. But to do good without wanting the fame but in the process of it, fame comes, that's a different story. I like Brad and Angelina. I don't care what people say. But to me, they do good because they want to do good. They don't hobnob in Hollywood but they get down and get their hands dirty to try to make changes to the world. In my books, they are truly beautiful people both inside and outside.

No comments: