Monday, July 13, 2009

Miracles Can Happen

"Miracles can happen to those who love the Lord! Blessed are they that believe in Him, His kingdom shall be yours!"

I love this song. It's from Sandi Patti's Friendship Company. Actually, I love that album very much. Basically, it has all my favourite Christian kid's music. This week and last, this song became rather real to me. Miracles do happen but sometimes, I'm just too engrossed in my life to realise that God is performing miracles in my life. But this time, He showed me the two miracles that He has performed and am very thankful that God opened my eyes to see them.

With the first miracle, I'm surprised at how God works. I'm not going to question why or how He did it but rather relish in the thought that He works. About four weeks ago, mum texted to say that my cousin has days to live. She has terminal cancer. This Thursday, would be four weeks since the text. She has completed her chemotheraphy and she had her last radiotherapy and she would have been discharged from the hospital today. From days to live, she's surviving through four weeks. I don't know what's God's plan is but my humble prayer is for her family and the rest of my extended family to come to Christ through this ordeal.

The next miracle, I actually didn't expect this. I've been praying for Babe to be more Christianly and to seek God's plan in all that he do. Last week, Babe told me that he realised that he didn't obey and follow God's will over an issue. Not going to write about it. But I am glad that even though when Babe made that decision more than a month ago, it broke my heart and I prayed really hard for God to work in Babe and He did. God worked, even though, it's more than a month late, and the decision was already made, but I strongly believe that God has a plan for Babe to disobey and for Babe to realise his mistake. Whatever the reason is and the consequences that's going to follow, I rejoice in the fact that Babe has developed a stronger faith and he's learning to listen to God more than listening to his wants. It was a lesson to me too to see God working slowly but surely in Babe's live. Going forward, our prayer is for us to obey God's will regardless of what others think of us. As Babe said, we should fear God and obey Him more than anyone or anything else.

No comments: