Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Technology

This post is dedicated to mum. It's for her. I must say that I'm truly proud of her. Proud of her finally learning technology.

Joanne and Jacqui decided to buy mum a mini laptop since her birthday was yesterday. They told me and I told them to make sure get one with a camera and get her a pink one. So they did. Two days ago, Jacqui set up her laptop and she set up msn messenger for her too. I was thinking that no way she'll be able to use it. Actually, last Mother's Day they wanted to buy the mini laptop for her but the thought of teaching mum how to use it, turned them off. But guess, they realised that mum does need to learn how to use technology after all.

So this morning while I was at work, mum popped up and started chatting with me. Well, not too bad. And then, this evening, she popped up again. I told her to click onto the word video or accept me for a video chat and she did it. And she did it all by herself! Woohoo!!! Can't believe that! Now all I've to ask her to do is to get onto skype.

Well, talking about skype, I never really used to use it. Babe's company takes care of our phone bill and thus, I hardly saw the need for skype. Eve got onto skype and told me to get on it. And so far, I like it, not complaining. But now, am glad that I've skype. Now, I've got to make sure that my sisters get skype for mum so that I can video chat with her and she can see Happy too.

So there you go...Mum! Can't believe that you finally have you own laptop! Very proud of you!

No comments: